Livestream – Jane Irving w/ Kevin Hailey
Sunday, June 14th @ 4pm Pacific / 7pm Eastern
Part of a series of livestream shows on the Zoom platform curated by Nich Anderson.
Artists he loves. Friends of JazzVox. Quality performers.
1) Timing: I’d like to do these with enough time that you can plan for them – let’s get them on your calendar and get the word out!
2) Money: Artists… we should pay them! So I’ll be collecting money up front via PayPal. Don’t have PayPal? Have a friend who does pay for you or contact me (email@example.com).
How much? $20 – They are worth it. 100% of the money goes to the artists.
I will personally send you an email with the link likely in 24 hours (which may end up in your junk/spam folder). Email me if you don’t get that personal email (not PayPal’s receipt).
3) Technology? Eek! Anyone who hasn’t used Zoom that would like to do a test run just to make sure they are able… email me
Please… not the day of the concert.
4) Sharing is Caring: PLEASE share the opportunity, but… don’t give away the keys to the kingdom. In other words, let people know how to sign up and pay themselves but *don’t send them the actual Zoom link* to the show directly. Every home tuning in should be paying to earn the artists some $$.
5) Be ready for Imperfection: Technology… I expect glitches and of course the sound and video quality and connection for each performer will vary.
6) What to expect: I do want this mostly to be about music so expect about an hour or so of actual music. That said, there is a magic of informality since it’s literally from their home – there will often be a little room for Q&A before and/or after. Also it’s good for you to know going in… you’ll be on mute the entire time. Audio is for your host Nich and the performers only. Feel free to type in the Chat section (applause, song requests, questions, etc) which they may or may not see or respond to. I’m a typer so will be saying hello to you cuties during the performance.
7) Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org
About Jane Irving:
“Irving’s voice is effortlessly projected. Sometimes a phrase is pursued with increasing pressure until the notes glisten, and when suddenly released in a whipping ribbon can give you the shivers.”
– S.I.M.A. Australia.
“Lavish talent and striking originality.”
- The Weekend Australian.